25 Sep Counter Sales Person – Building Industry – Sandton – R10 000 – R15,000 per month
Counter Sales Person - Building Industry - Sandton - R10 000 – R15,000 per month
The position main aim is to generate sales, is to effectively manage the inventory, admin process and Maintenance of company procedures. The position is intermediary based in JHB Branch. The incumbent should be an honest, reliable, organised and precise attention to detail a prerequisite.
- Assesses competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends; identifying sales opportunities.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotations.
- Closes new accounts by answering telephone, fax, and e-mail inquiries; verifying and entering information.
- Fills orders by transferring orders to fulfilment; communicating expected delivery date; explaining stock-outs.
- Develops accounts by checking customer's buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features.
- Maintains communication equipment by troubleshooting, reporting, and tracking problems.
- Maintains and improves quality results by following standards; recommending improved policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different
Education, Qualification and skills requirements.
- A pass at Matric (Maths & Science)
- Minimum of Certificate (Accounting Science, Bookkeeping, Procurement, supply chain management, Engineering Qualification etc).
- At least minimum 2 years relevant working experience. In Build or Construction industry, added advantage.
- Bilingual, a people’s person (can interact at different levels of communication). Must be able to at least understand Afrikaans.
- Proficiency in MS excel & Word, some experience in an accounting system (ERP, SYSPRO, PASTEL. ADEPT, SAP)
- Honest, Reliable, Accurate, precise attention to detail.
- Organised & Goal oriented.
- Drivers Licence (not a prerequisite).
- Must be fit & energetic (able to walk about in the premises.), positive attitude.
- Excellent sound verbal & written communication skills a prerequisite. Good Interpersonal skills & able to work with management & staff at all levels.
- Capability to work un-supervised with sound time management skills.
- Ability to work with SI units of measurements (Metric unit of measurement and basic arithmetic knowledge.)