01 Apr PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (Cape Town, Central) R15 000.00
NPO seeks to employ a dynamic individual for the position of Public Relations Officer. The individual will report to the Deputy CEO.
The key objective for the position is to shape and strengthen the organisation’s communications, PR and advocacy strategy and implementation and to further leverage digital marketing skills and tools for this purpose.
- Create and implement a comprehensive multi-platform communications strategy that includes consolidating and expanding the brand, tailored to specific audiences
- Manage and execute the communications strategy
- Evolve and implement a social media strategy and manage the online profiling of the organisation that includes writing and editing news items and press releases
- Compile and distribute four newsletters per annum
- Oversee and manage content development
- Update and develop marketing and advocacy materials
- Map and manage stakeholders and partners to cultivate new opportunities for external brand marketing, media outreach, advocacy and fundraising
- Keep up to date with current affairs and issues pertaining to the field of peace and conflict – as well as communication trends and best practice
- Management of Awareness Officer and external consultants
Tertiary qualification in communications and/or journalism with at least 3 years’ experience in the communications field.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A valid South African driver’s licence
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Experience with public relations, brand management or campaigns strategy.
- Experience with photography, website development, social media platforms and computer proficiency
- Mentoring, leadership and management skills will be advantageous
- A proven track record of writing and speaking in English and Afrikaans
- Additional proficiency in another South African language will be an advantage
- Experience working in the disability sector will be an advantage
Competencies and Behaviours:
- Planning and organizing
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Friendly disposition
- Compassion, empathy and integrity
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org