29 Mar ROTATION ELECTRICIAN (Atlantis) R25,000 – R30,000 CTC per month
Manufacturing plant seeks a Trade Tested Electrician to be responsible for the effective operation and maintenance of plant equipment and machinery in order to ensure minimum production downtime, maximum life span of equipment and productions of quality wooden products. Must speak Afrikaans and have own car. PLC and VSD experience is a must.
▪ South African Citizen ▪ NTC3 Electrical Engineering ▪ Qualified Electrician Section 13 ▪ 4-6 years’ work experience in maintenance - manufacturing environment (post trade test) ▪ PLC and VSD experience ▪ Wireman’s License will be advantageous ▪ Willingness to perform stand-by/callout duties, night shifts and work overtime as and when required. Must speak Afrikaans and have own car.
Physical and Environmental requirements:
Incumbent must be able to: ▪ distinguish between full range of colours in colour spectrum to work with electrical wires ▪ Use graphic instructions such as blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts, or other visual aids ▪ make precise arm-hand positioning movements ▪ lift arms above shoulder level to work in ceiling areas, on light fixtures and/or other objects ▪ work in small, cramped areas such as equipment enclosures etc. ▪ climb ladders or steps to reach work area ▪ work at heights greater than ten feet ▪ Remain in a standing position for extended periods of time ▪ work in a variety of environmental conditions with exposure to the heat & dust elements ▪ move heavy objects with proper equipment.
Key performance areas (inclusive but not limited to):
▪ Conduct safety inspections on production equipment and machinery
▪ Recommend the need to replace/repair equipment or spares
▪ Ensure that minimum stock levels on critical spares are kept intact and order spares
▪ Assist in the planning and implementation of project work Train apprentices
▪ Ensure that all work is done in a safe manner and all equipment used complies with safety standards
▪ Monitor and improve line outputs/optimization of production lines to assist maintenance and production departments with new ideas while constantly striving for better outputs in production
▪ Attend to all electrical and electronic faults/breakdowns on equipment, document root cause analysis and preventative actions
▪ Maintenance on all electrical equipment
▪ Working or operating in accordance with safe work procedures
▪ Maintain a clean, neat and orderly workplace (5s)
▪ Perform any other legal and reasonable duties as and where instructed.
Knowledge, skills and competencies:
▪ Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures that apply to electrical infrastructure
▪ Technical aptitude – able to fault find and repair break downs
▪ Ability to follow clear instructions (follow a planned maintenance procedure)
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English & Afrikaans)
▪ Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
▪ Systematic, neat & methodical
▪ Analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
▪ Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
▪ Self-motivated, disciplined and enthusiastic with high levels of drive and energy
▪ Pro-active and dynamic
▪ Lead and apply proper discipline
▪ Excellent attendance track record
▪ Customer Focused
▪ Ability to action tasks and then document as per allocated job cards
▪ Attention to detail
▪ Dependability. Must speak Afrikaans and have own car.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org